March 23 - Change, Quarantine, Health
The world has changed so much in the last 20 days. It's like the whole world's lives have been flipped upside down. Last week I was excited to get started on furnishing my apartment and today all I want to do is stay inside of it. I know a lot of you are going through the same thing right now. These are hard times for everybody. Many people are facing layoffs or have to work in dangerous conditions and the future looks incredibly unclear which is causing a LOT of panic, and if not panic just a lot of anxiety.
I am fortunate to be able to work from home on salary, I am beyond grateful for that right now. My boyfriend on the other hand is a private contractor/home inspector and doesn't have the same luck with finding work. Even the side jobs he does for extra cash have closed down due to close contact with their coworkers or being inside people's homes. Another person in my life who has been affected by this is my mom who is a nurse. Her ward now is for people who may have the virus, or have it but are lower risk, obviously I worry about her. Everyday life is changing so quickly and I think in these times all we can do is have hope that we can all pull together and get over this obstacle.
Here are some constructive thoughts I have been having during this whole ordeal.
1) How can I learn from this experience?
2) What do I want to do when this is all done
3) I should be more grateful for the days I didn't have to worry about going outside for a walk
4) What stuff do I like to do for fun when I can't go outside - I should start a new hobby
5) Family and loved ones are everything and they help us pull through hard times
6) Hard times bring out the best and worst in us, how can I show my best side?
7) What do I want from life ? Lately I've had a lot of time to myself to just think, I am trying to focus on the bigger picture of what I hope my life will be like.
I hope that you are doing well during these times, feel free to drop a comment or DM on my instagram page @yourfuturelooksbright and I will 100% get back to you ! :) let's stay connected during all this. Sending out peace and love during these times.
ps. have you downloaded a desktop for this month ?